For the first time in a long time, the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is reviewing recreation rules at state parks, recreation areas, trails and forests and invites public comments until 4:30 p.m. Friday, July 25.
“Some of the current rules are more than 30 years old,” said Erika Rivers, director of the Parks and Trails Division. “It’s time to give them a fresh look, put them in plain language and weed out obsolete references.”
Rule changes to be considered could include:
- Extending state park and recreation area hours of operation.
- Allowing camping in undeveloped parts of state parks and recreation areas.
- Prohibiting wildlife feeding.
- Clarifying the activities permitted at state recreation areas.
- Other topics of interest or concern to Minnesota citizens.
Links to current DNR rules are posted on the DNR website. Comments can be sent by email to email@example.com; by mail to Recreation Rules, DNR Parks and Trails, 500 Lafayette Road, Box 39, St. Paul, MN 55155-4039; or by fax to 651-296-1157.
For more information, contact Rebecca Wooden at 651-259-5584, 800-657-3929 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.